Social Worker – LCSW JourneyCare – Chicago, IL, Mokena, IL
- Community based position designed to reduce hospital readmissions, focus on patients and their goals of care.
- Provide direct casework, counseling services and psychosocial assessments to Hospice patients and families.
- Integral role and active participant in Hospice interdisciplinary team
- Works closely in connecting families with services to meet their needs
- Heavy communication with a focus on challenging conversations
- Company focus on continuing education to provide our patients with excellent careWork with a practice to design 21st century care.
- Provide inpatient and/or outpatient psycho-social assessments for Hospice patients and families and related follow up visits and support. Facilitate family meetings, provide education and support for plans of care. Screen and identify needs and “at risk” symptoms ( i.e. depression, coping skills, bereavement). Maintain accurate and complete charting and billing.
- Advocate patient and family needs to Hospice team members. Coordinate Hospice Care team and continuity of care, and become the “Champion” from Hospice care to integrate with targeted services/needs. Coordination of care with facility Social Workers and Clinical Resource Managers and/or other departments .
- Communicate to team members by email, telephone and voicemail, with updates of patients status. Demonstrate effective patient/family centered communication and facilitate team communication. Initial assessments of new consults for streamlined and appropriate responses. Actively participate in developing and sustaining key referral relationships for Hospice Care Services.
- Attend and participate in weekly IDT meetings.
- Provide educational support for the teaching and training of staff, volunteers, and outside agencies.
Master of Social Worker degree required
LCSW Licensure in Illinois required
Prior experience in medical setting working with adults; hospice and/or home care experience preferred
Access to a reliable car, current driver’s license and liability auto insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified Applicants Should submit their resume to email@example.com and specify in the Email Subject if you are apply for Chicago or Mokena, IL